Fine lines, dark circles…under the eyes can be one of the most troublesome areas to camouflage on the face. Here’s a list of my favorite under eye concealers—for whatever eye concern you have!
1. Cle de Peau- at $70 it’s a splurge but it’s worth every penny. Not only does this creamy concealer cover flawlessly with one swipe, it doesn’t settle into fine lines and stays put all day. Though it’s pricey, it lasts forever!
2. Laura Merceir Secret Concealer- looking for a moisturizing conditioner that also covers dark circles? This is a great choice. $22
3. Benefit Cosmetics Erase Paste- this smooth blending concealer not only conceals the toughest of dark circles, but also brightens. $26
4. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer- this has become my go to day to day concealer. Not quite liquid and not quite a cream, this concealer instantly brightens the under eye area but also provides serious coverage. Also works as a highlighter. $28
Happy Friday! Here’s a roundup of some of the best of beauty this week.
First up is the perfect nude color nail polish from butterLondon called Shandy. You can’t ask for a more perfect peachy beige color that suits all skin tones. Add a single gold stud to each nail to spice up an otherwise neutral mani!
Hair winner of the week? Selena Gomez. She always looks fabulous on the red carpet, but the faux braid hawk she was rocking at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards on Sunday was gorgeous. The braid added the femininity and romance while the faux hawk added edginess.
It’s Chic Week at Sephora! Beauty Insiders can save 15% off all this week. Now is the time to stock up on some of your favorites or try out a pricier item you’ve been eyeing like I did (I purchased a Guerlain bronzer…deets on it in a later post). Ends Sunday 4/21 for Beauty Insiders and Monday 4/22 for VIBS.
Summer makeup should be effortless, but still beautiful. That’s why I love this look that Bobbi Brown created for the Holmes & Yang 2013 Spring fashion show. This nude look is the perfect compliment for the bold and bright colors of spring.
Products used to get the look:
Skin: Hydrating Face Cream ($52)
Eyes: Ballet Pink Long-Wear Cream Shadow ($24), Black Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner ($22), No Smudge Mascara ($24)
Cheeks: Antigua Illuminating Bronzer ($36)
Lips: Bobbi Sheer Lip Color (Sheer Lip Color, Spring ’13, $24)
Rockstar Products: Black Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner, Bobbi Sheer Lip Color
P.S. That hair is everything…perfect for hot summer days or nights.
Thank goodness spring has finally sprung! And with spring comes fresh new mani options! Since I love bright bold colors, a color block half moon manicure is the perfect way to add some pop into my wardrobe this weekend.
Sally Hansen has some great bright color options perfect for your color block mani. Here’s how I created the look:
1) Paint nails the color you want the half moon of your manicure to be. Be sure to do the whole nail. I used Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Sun Kissed–a bright orange color. Let nails dry completely for approximately 30 min.
2) Using reinforced tabs to create the half moon shape, apply one to the base of the painted fingernail (I like to rip my tabs in half so they lay flatter).
3) Paint the rest of the nail in your second color choice, being careful not to go over the reinforced tabs. For my contrasting color, I used Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Breezy Blue. I applied two coats and let it dry for about 20 min.
3) Carefully remove the reinforced tabs when nails are completely dry.Top with a clear coat (check out Sally Hansen’s Double Duty—a base and top coat in one).
You can showcase some of your nail art by entering Sally Hansen’s I Heart Nail Art contest! There are monthly winners until the contes comes to an end in May:
- To enter you have to upload a photo to Facebook, or take a picture with Instagram or tweet a picture with designated hashtag #iheartnailart
- All monthly winners will come to NYC in July/Aug for a final round of putting together a look
- Judges will determine the winner each month and at the end
- Grand prize is $2K and winner will be the brand ambassador for a year for Sally Hansen
Sally Hansen I <3 Nail Art Contest. To Enter Go To Facebook.com/SallyHansen or Use The Hashtag #iheartnailart on Twitter or Instagram to Share your Looks.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Sally Hansen via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sally Hansen.