Trying to avoid the holiday rush at your favorite makeup counter this season by shopping online? Now you can save time and money by checking out CurrentCodes.com before you make your holiday purchases.
CurrentCodes.com is a clearinghouse for promotional codes—those short strings of numbers and letters made available by retailers to their customers in order to qualify them for various discounts. CurrentCodes offers online coupons to the some of the biggest names in cosmetics such as Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Lancôme, Sephora, Benefit, Ulta and more.
Barry Boone, founder and owner of CurrentCodes, shares some tips for a joyous online shopping experience:
1) Check for Promo Codes: Always check for a coupon or promotional code online before checking out. Finding a discount code Web site through your favorite search engine only takes a few seconds and could save your family anything from free shipping to 50 percent off or more.
2) Compare Prices: If you know the exact product you want to purchase, it pays to visit several online retailers to compare prices. Some Web sites can help shoppers find the best price by providing a list of online stores in a particular category.
3) Credit Card Security: Security of credit card information is a top concern when shopping online. In general, it is far safer to use a credit card than a debit card. Most debit cards do not offer the same level of protection as a credit card does when making an online purchase.
4) Review Cart: Always take time to review the final checkout screen. Be sure to confirm that your order reflects the correct items, quantities and pricing before you click “submit.”
6) Check Tax: Some merchants are required to collect sales taxes in your state, while others may not. It can save you money to check several online retailers if the merchant you are about to purchase from wants to charge sales tax.
7) Pay close attention to shipping charges. Some retailers make up for their “low” prices by padding the shipping fees, so be sure you are getting the lowest possible overall price.