The runways this season sported a fuller, healthier look—not in the model’s figures, but in their eyebrows. Thin and overly arched brows are taking a back seat this fall to a modern fuller brow. If your brows are looking a tad anorexic and the thought of growing them out conjures images of Andy Rooney, fret not.
We consulted the Gee Beauty Brow Guru, Natalie Gee, on how to gracefully grow out your eyebrows. “The biggest fall trend in beauty is bigger bolder brows and the key to get the look is to not touch the brows,” reveals Gee. “You should aim for anything thicker than what you currently have. The more natural looking the brow, the closer you are to the seasons look.”
- Let brows grow in naturally and let them take on a shape of their own. (try this for at least 2-3 weeks).
- Don’t expect ultra bushy in days, that just won’t happen. The look calls for natural, bushy & thick, so you’ve got to start somewhere.
- After you have let them grow in, consult with a brow specialist. Make sure when you explain what you are looking for–thick & natural instead of archy or thin.
- Once you achieved the fuller brow, maintenance can be simple. Brow pencils or shadows are a perfect tool for filling in any patches or giving your brow a darker hue. (the other trend along with thicker brows, is darker brows as well).
- Try a brow pencil with a brow brush on one end for easy blending if you pencil in too heavy or dark. Try YBF’s Automatic Eye Brow Pencil, $20.