As the sun starts to show his beautiful face longer and brighter in these warmer months, so should we! Sunshine provides the body with essential vitamin D, but there is a way to spend time in the sun and get your vitamin D safely. Wear sunscreen! We have compiled a list of our favorite sunscreens, some are tinted, some oil-free, and some for your lips, take your pick!
1) Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free. This tinted moisturizer has SPF20 and comes in 10 different shades. Tinted moisturizer is the perfect way to stay protected against the sun, but not give up your foundation. Tinted moisturizer is also a great product to use if you simply need to balance out your skin tone and do not need the coverage of a full foundation. Suggested retail: $42 at Sephora.com.
2) La Roche-Posay La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Face Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid. This one of the very few sunscreens I have found that leaves a matte finish and does not contribute to oil production on the face. With an SPF 60, this sunscreen is ideal for full sun exposure and can be applied under your makeup. Suggested retail: $29.95 at CVS.com.
3) Dr. Jart + Premium Beauty Balm SPF45 PA+++. A Beauty Balm is a moisturizer, brightener, primer, and treatment serum that is full of antioxidant bio-peptides. Over time, this BB cream will also increase the skin’s firmness and help achieve a more even complexion. This is basically a home run, all-in-one product. Not only does it do all of these wonderful things for you skin, but it’s also a broad spectrum (protects against UVA and UVB rays) sunscreen. Incredible! Suggested retail:$39 at Sephora.com.
4) Baby Blanket Tender Scalps Spray. Don’t forget your head! I fix my hair way off to the side with a very prominent part. If you’re like me, your part is the perfect and unexpected place for sun damage to occur! Now, you don’t have to sacrifice you fresh blow out because you have a play date in the park on a sunny afternoon! Protect your scalp by using a sunscreen spray made specifically for hair and scalp. This sunscreen has broad spectrum SPF 45, is super gentle (it’s made for babies’ heads!) and the bottle is small enough to keep in your purse. Suggested retail: $5.99 at ToysRUs.com.
5) Banana Boat Sport Performance Lip Balm SPF 50. The lips are the most sensitive spot on the face and also one of the spots most prone to sunburn because we don’t typically think to put sunscreen on our lips. This lip balm is a broad spectrum SPF 50 and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes (don’t forget to reapply). The best part? It tastes like lip balm, not sunscreen! Suggested retail: $2.79 at Drugstore.com.
The sun is here so get out and enjoy it! First, protect your beautiful skin so it will stay that way. I hope you find these options useful and please remember to get to your dermatologist to ‘get your spots checked’ every year (source: skincancer.org).