I don’t know what I was thinking. I guess getting caught up in honeymoon bliss, I temporarily forgot that my natural hair texture’s worst enemy is hot and humid weather. Did I think that Cancun’s humidity was somehow different from New Jersey’s and I could go au natural with no product and still have amazing hair?
Saying I was wrong was an understatement. After a long day of shopping, my new husband looked at me..well, my huge head of hair that had swelled 3x it’s size, and said “woah.” My attempts to braid it into submission with a side braid was futile. Oh well…the wedding was over and he was stuck with me and my big hair.
Fortunately for those with upcoming honeymoons and vacations in hair killer weather now have options. Redken developed a new smoothing treatment called Smooth Lock perfect for a semi-permanent hair smoothing treatment leaving hair frizz free for up to 10 shampoos or more.
WHAT IS IT?
- Semi-permanent smoothing service
- Provides smoothness that lasts up to 10 shampoos
- Can be extended to 13 shampoos when used with Stay Sleek leave-in cream
- Reduces daily styling time as hair is more manageable
WHO IS smooth lock for?
- Frizzy, medium hair type
- Curly, wavy or straight hair textures
- People concerned with frizz who want increased manageability, lasting smoothness and reduced styling time
- Not recommended for bleached or chemically relaxed hair
The treatment, according to Redken, is formaldehyde free for those concerned with some of the health risks that are associated with other smoothing treatments.
For more information or to find a redken salon near you go to http://www.redken.com/salon-services/smooth-curl/smooth-lock/.