Lights, runway, catwalk! February and September are easily our favorite months of the year, aka Fashion Season. Watch models strut their stuff, donning your favorite designers’ spring frocks. Wear fabulous outfits and accessorize your nails without fear! Follow these tips and tricks to avoid the harsh treatment of fashion season.
- Purchase polish from a reputable company to avoid the “toxic trio” – dibutyl phthalate, toluene and formaldehyde – which are terrible for nails.
- Avoid acrylic nails as often as possible. The glues and removal of artificial nails are hazardous for your natural nail below. Standard polish or lacquer is always the best bet.
- Weekly manicures are fun to indulge in, but daily polish changes can be harmful. Choose a color for the runway that compliments outfits for at least two or three days before removing and starting with a fresh canvas.
- Use a nail polish remover like the new Cutex® Advanced Revival that has nourishing and strengthening benefits to provide your nails with a little TLC in between your old and new polish.
- Daily multivitamins containing vitamin B, zinc and vitamin C, vitamin A and calcium are essential for overall health, but are great for your nails, too.
- Eat during fashion week. Looking thin and exhausted is not “in” in any season. Biotin-rich foods help strengthen and thicken nails.
- Show your nails some loving! Messaging your nail promotes blood flow, which encourages nail growth. While relaxing, give your nails a little rub to stimulate the blood.
Article courtesy of Cutex