It’s the best of both worlds. Not as formal as a bun, but not as casual as a ponytail. Ted Gibson gives us the scoop on how to get the look he created at Lela Rose.
“The hair for this season’s show was inspired by Lela and artist Jim Hodges. Jim Hodges’ work is very light and colorful, yet deliberate so I wanted the hair to be soft and natural to complement the collection. I created this simple downtown chic knot, which worked perfectly with the pieces. I didn’t want it to look too polished, so I pulled half the knot out into a loosely textured pony.” – Ted Gibson.
To get this look:
- Prep the hair with build it blow drying agent, then twist random sections of hair while blow-drying to create texture.
- Part hair in the center, then run tame it shine lotion throughout.
- Pull hair back into a pony, then twist hair until it coils into a C-shaped bun.
- Secure the top of the bun with pins.
- Next, gently pull out pieces from the bottom of the bun and spritz with beautiful hold hairspray to create a textured ponytail.
Photo credit: Samantha Adler for beautypress.com