It works perfectly with Spring 2013′s retro look filled with geometric patterns and bright colors, but this pony tail also works all year long.
Redken Creative Consultant, Guido, created a sleek ponytail for the Versus Spring/Summer 2013 show, “We did a very long, very tightly pulled back pony today at Versus, creating the intensely shiny finish by using both Redken hardwear 16 gel and glass 01 serum. It really seems to me both sporty and tough, but is also very precise and minimalist, which goes nicely with the clothing.”
Create the Look:
- Start with dry hair blow-dried straight, and apply hardwear 16 super strong gel to small sections of hair throughout the crown.
- Right after applying the gel, gather hair into a tight ponytail right at the crown of the head and secure with an elastic.
- Take a small section of hair out from under the ponytail and wrap around the base to cover the elastic. Secure with a pin.
- Apply glass 01 smoothing serum all over the head to smooth and add shine.
- Flatiron entire ponytail in sections until stick straight.
Finish with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray on the crown and pony to catch any fly-away’s for a sleek finish.