The 2013 Golden Globes are over and they were incredible! I was mentally making notes and creating a list of my favorite stars as they walked the red carpet, but what good does that do us at A Beauty Loft, if I don’t share them with you? It is not an easy job for a beauty team to create looks that mesh so perfectly with the gowns and personalities of celebrities who attend these events, but these five have nailed it!
5. Halle Berry- Halle has this effortless way of being sexy, edgy and funky, yet remain classy. She has added some light tips to her famous cropped cut and has stayed true to her deep toned lids and nude lips. The hair and makeup paired with the artistic print and cut of the gown are balanced by the classic nude pump. Halle never lets me down and while this look may not be her most famous, it shows she likes to have fun with fashion without sacrificing the best dressed list.
4. Adele- I didn’t think it was possible for Adele to look more beautiful then last years Grammy Awards, but the look she was rocking at this year’s Golden Globes trumped it. Her skin is equally flawless, eyes defined perfectly, but this look was less countoured and more natural. This time she traded in the perfect red lip for glowing skin and sexy cat-eyed liner with a nude lip. Staying true to her bouffant ways, Adele was sporting a high volume updo that was simple yet sexy. Her hair and makeup paired with a retro and simple black gown, she sings her way into our hearts yet again.
3. Jessica Alba- When was the last time any of us saw Jessica on the ‘Worst Dressed’ list? I am not shocked to see her looking flawlessly chic at the 2013 Gloden Globes, but I am impressed with her ability to mix a coral colored gown with a classic red lip. It takes a well trained eye to carefully choose the perfect red color for Jessica’s lips that would not clash with her almost orange gown. Jessica paired her flawless makeup with classic Veronica Lake waves and showed us, yet again, why she is ever consistently the style icon.
2. Amy Adams- Amy is always so delicate and feminine. At this years Golden Globes, she was the vision of a lady yet again in a Bette Davis inspired updo with a simple eye and blush colored lip. Her hair and makeup paired with her nude gown and lack of statement jewelry creates an effortlessly beautiful look that solidifies her feminine charm. I am always excited to see what Amy wears to these events and this look shows why… she’s perfection.
1. Lea Michele- I am very surprised at my amount of love for Lea Michele’s look at the 2013 Golden Globes. I tend to favor the long standing fashionistas when choosing my favorite looks from award shows, but Lea captured my attention with her effortless ‘california girl’ chic approach to the red carpet. Rocking the perfect spray tan, peach/nude lips and hair looking like she walked off the beach (then maybe brushed it a bit!), she accents her ivory beaded halter top gown perfectly. If this gown would have been paired with a sophisticated updo and/or red lips, it would have seemed pretentious, but Lea showed us how to take beach waves and a suntan to the red carpet – landing her as our number 1 Best Dressed!
I hope you enjoyed the show as much as I did. I am loving this year’s awards season and looking forward to the remaining shows to come!
[All Photos courtesy of www.people.com and Jason Merritt/Getty]