Jeanie Syfu, the genius behind the hair of the Tracy Reese 2013 Fall New York Fashion Week Runway Show, gave us a moment of her time to talk about her approach for the styling for the show and where her inspiration came from. (Click on the image above to see our interview with Jeanie!)
Overall Look: A quintessential NY look, the hair combines side-swept texture with height at the crown.
Inspiration: A fearless New York girl walking home before dawn after a night out. The look has a modern style with retro roots.
- Lightly dampen hair and liberally apply TRESemmé Thermal Creations Volumizing Mousse throughout the roots and lengths of the hair for texture and volume.
- Flip head upside-down and rought dry with fingers (pulling at the root with fingers until the hair is 90% dry). Use a mason brush to continue drying upside-down by lifting at the roots and smoothing at the ends. TIP: Use your mason brush to lift the roots, but don’t smooth the roots- this will flatten the texture.
- Flip hair over when dry and create a “front sweep” by lightly brushing the hair from the front of the crown over to one side diagonally.
- Tease the crown of the head for lift. Finish with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.
- Apply TRESemmé Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo for texture and pull out pieces for a wispy/undone soft finish.
(image courtesy of Elle.com)
(image courtesy of bellasugar.com)