Thank goodness spring has finally sprung! And with spring comes fresh new mani options! Since I love bright bold colors, a color block half moon manicure is the perfect way to add some pop into my wardrobe this weekend.
Sally Hansen has some great bright color options perfect for your color block mani. Here’s how I created the look:
1) Paint nails the color you want the half moon of your manicure to be. Be sure to do the whole nail. I used Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Sun Kissed–a bright orange color. Let nails dry completely for approximately 30 min.
2) Using reinforced tabs to create the half moon shape, apply one to the base of the painted fingernail (I like to rip my tabs in half so they lay flatter).
3) Paint the rest of the nail in your second color choice, being careful not to go over the reinforced tabs. For my contrasting color, I used Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Breezy Blue. I applied two coats and let it dry for about 20 min.
3) Carefully remove the reinforced tabs when nails are completely dry.Top with a clear coat (check out Sally Hansen’s Double Duty—a base and top coat in one).
You can showcase some of your nail art by entering Sally Hansen’s I Heart Nail Art contest! There are monthly winners until the contes comes to an end in May:
- To enter you have to upload a photo to Facebook, or take a picture with Instagram or tweet a picture with designated hashtag #iheartnailart
- All monthly winners will come to NYC in July/Aug for a final round of putting together a look
- Judges will determine the winner each month and at the end
- Grand prize is $2K and winner will be the brand ambassador for a year for Sally Hansen
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Sally Hansen via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sally Hansen.