“Where do those curls come from?” I’ve heard this question more than once in reference to my über-cute 10 month old. Yet each time I hear it, I’m taken aback because, obviously, he gets them from me–along with easy disposition, dimples, and infectious laugh (the occasional temper tantrum is his dad’s side).
It recently dawned on me that the curl confusion is due to the fact I’ve abandoned my ringlets in favor of a sleek blow out. When my maternity leave was over, the allure of a long lasting blow out when I’m sleep deprived and short on time was too tempting. I’ve been a slave to straight hair ever since.
In effort to gain points on my currently losing battle of the “who my son looks like more” competition, I’ve partnered up with Frizz Ease to take their #downfor30 challenge. I’m saying goodbye to my ponytails, buns, messy updos, and hot mess pull backs for 30 days and rocking my curls—down. The chance to win a dream trip to NYC doesn’t hurt this curly girl’s motivation to stay #downfor30 strong—who’s with me??
So how do I get my ‘Sensuous Spirals’?
1. Start with damp hair. Depending on your hair texture, you may want to use a leave in conditioner or a hair oil, like Frizz Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir.
2. Mousse provides a shiny, light weight, but firm hold that I love . Using Frizz Ease Curl Reviver mousse, apply a generous golf ball size of mousse to each area of your hair. Tip: Section hair into 4 sections to make ensure even coverage
3. Allow to air dry. If your really in a rush, blow dry with a diffuser on low setting. Important: to eliminate frizz completely, make sure hair is 100% dry before touching. Disturbing curly hair before it’s had a chance to completely dry can be the difference between sensuous spirals and lackluster locks.
4. Once hair is completely dry, touch up any stray strands with a small barrel curling iron. I use a 5/8″ curling iron.
Additional tips for frizz free curls:
- For looser curls, sleep with your hair in a bun on top of your head
- Avoid sulfates and harsh chemicals that can dry out hair and create frizz
- Use a satin pillowcase to cut back on frizz while sleeping
- Dry hair with an old t-shirt instead of a towel
- Use a moisturizing touch up creme, like Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme, through out the day to add shine and refresh curls
Don’t forget to post your sensuous spirals, curls and waves on Instagram with the hashtags #downfor30 and #sweeps for a chance to win a trip of a lifetime to NYC! Go here for more details http://www.neverpullback.com/down/.
Frizz-Ease believes that when you pull your hair back, you also pull yourself back. So we’re challenging women everywhere to take on the world hair-first and wear their hair #downfor30 days straight with the help their favorite Frizz-Ease products. Join the movement at NeverPullBack.com.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by KAO via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of KAO.