There’s nothing like turning 30 to send a woman into mild to extreme hysteria. Without warning, cashiers are now calling you “ma’am” (seriously, how rude?) and songs of your prime, are now only played on the radio’s Old Skool At Noon set.
You now also want to try erase some of the skin sins you committed in your 20s…whether it was filled with smokey nights of binge drinking with little sleep or summer days basking in baby oil at the beach, the fine lines around your eyes don’t get any better from here!
Thanks to some voluntary (and involuntary) lifestyle changes, I can happily say my skin is even better now than it was in my 20s. Acne scars have faded, my breakouts are rare, and it generally looks healthier.
After reading the advice of dermatologists and skin care experts, the following list are some of my favorite anti-aging products—that can all be found at the drugstore:
- Olay Pro X Advanced Cleansing System: I’ve tried both this cleansing brush and the more expensive Clarisonic and while there are differences, this is a great choice that’s easy on the wallet. It gets skin cleaner than just washing alone–thus preventing breakouts and making way for your products to work better.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 35: I know you’ve heard it 1,000x before, but daily sunscreen is the most effective measure in preventing the signs of aging, and more importantly protecting against skin cancer. This is a great daily moisturizer that is light weight and goes on smoothly under makeup.
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser: This cleanser has a cult following for a reason. It cleanses without irritating and drying out the skin.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub: Exfoliating is an important skin care step that people forget. Removing the dead skin cells makes way for new skin cells and softer, brighter skin.
- RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream: Retinol is the Holy Grail of anti-aging. As *we* (yes, you are included since you’re over 30 now) get older, our skin’s ability to renew itself slows down–thus causing wrinkles and sagging skin. This night formula is great because it’s not as harsh on the skin as prescription strength Retinol and fine lines are diminished over time with continued use.