Going for a girly, yet feminine and strong look at Kaleen, celebrity nail artist Pattie Yankee mixed two custom Patricia Yankee Nail Lacquers, a taupe using ¾ of her Flesh shade and ¼ Cornerstone and a pink where she applied one coat of Love then a coat of Veil. Using her Inspire Nails in Clear Almond, she adhered to models’ nails and then filed into a rounded point
With the “lyrical abstraction” inspired collection, Pattie collaborated with the Delpozo design team to create a striking, yet simplistic nail. “We wanted the models to be able to see the gorgeous pieces they were wearing,” says Yankee, “with the mirrored nails, we were able to achieve that.” Yankee and her team applied glue tabs to the back of the press on nails and adhered them to the models. The nails were then filed down to a natural length with a rounded shape.
Katie Jane Hughes, butter LONDON Global Colour Ambassador, applied butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in The Black Knight to the tips of the press on nails. She then applied butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Diamond Geezer at the base of the nail to meet up with the black at the tips. Katie used Nail Lacquer in Stardust and the new Nail Lacquer in Anorak, a black, white and silver chunky glitter overcoat (available in March 2014) over the entire nail. While the nails were still wet, Katie completed the look by applying holographic, diamond-shaped glitter to the tip of the nails.
Katie applied butter LONDON Nail Foundation as a base followed by butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Union Jack Black. She then used a thin striping brush to create the tweed effect, layering various Nail Lacquer shades onto the nail – both vertically and horizontally. Katie finished the look with butter LONDON’s P.D. Quick Topcoat. Shades used: butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Billy No Mates, Stag Do, Blagger, British Racing Green and Pearly Queen.
Models at Joie FW14 wore “Coney Island Cotton Candy!
OPI manicurists buffed models’ nails to a high shine and added a black Swarovski® crystal at the center of the cuticle line. Thumbs were polished in black satin-finish lacquer “4 In The Morning.”
photo credits:OPI- Steve Wong via OPI facebook, Patricia Yankee Nail Lacquers, and Butter LONDON
I love the softness and femininity of OPI’s Bubble Bath nail polish—the perfect pink nude. The studs add just the right amount of edge to the pretty polish!
Thank goodness spring has finally sprung! And with spring comes fresh new mani options! Since I love bright bold colors, a color block half moon manicure is the perfect way to add some pop into my wardrobe this weekend.
Sally Hansen has some great bright color options perfect for your color block mani. Here’s how I created the look:
1) Paint nails the color you want the half moon of your manicure to be. Be sure to do the whole nail. I used Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Sun Kissed–a bright orange color. Let nails dry completely for approximately 30 min.
2) Using reinforced tabs to create the half moon shape, apply one to the base of the painted fingernail (I like to rip my tabs in half so they lay flatter).
3) Paint the rest of the nail in your second color choice, being careful not to go over the reinforced tabs. For my contrasting color, I used Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Breezy Blue. I applied two coats and let it dry for about 20 min.
3) Carefully remove the reinforced tabs when nails are completely dry.Top with a clear coat (check out Sally Hansen’s Double Duty—a base and top coat in one).
You can showcase some of your nail art by entering Sally Hansen’s I Heart Nail Art contest! There are monthly winners until the contes comes to an end in May:
- To enter you have to upload a photo to Facebook, or take a picture with Instagram or tweet a picture with designated hashtag #iheartnailart
- All monthly winners will come to NYC in July/Aug for a final round of putting together a look
- Judges will determine the winner each month and at the end
- Grand prize is $2K and winner will be the brand ambassador for a year for Sally Hansen
Sally Hansen I <3 Nail Art Contest. To Enter Go To Facebook.com/SallyHansen or Use The Hashtag #iheartnailart on Twitter or Instagram to Share your Looks.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Sally Hansen via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sally Hansen.
Despite the heartburn, headaches, leg cramps, and the accidental sneeze/pee combo, pregnancy does have some positive benefits on me physically. My hair has gotten thicker and my nails grow at a rapid rate.
I figured I’d take advantage of my longer nails and try a new shape and length. Usually they are really short and round-square shape. Practical, clean, and modern.
But I’m feeling sassy in this last trimester of pregnancy and while I’m scared of the Rihanna stilleto nail, there’s a modified more wearable version that’s been seen on the Fall 2013 runways.
Here is some my inspiration photos.
photos courtesy of: Butter London and OPI