As the holiday season approaches, I find myself at the mall more often then usual and because I am a beauty addict, I am often found at the beauty counters! I have included some of my favorite new purchases from this past week, but also some of my favorites from the last couple months.
1) Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup ($36). This. Foundation. Rocks! I tried this only because I had tried on a lipgloss and had no foundation on (a big no no!) and ended up loving it. I have been wearing it almost daily and get so many compliments. One note: If you have dry skin, stay clear of this foundation as it is meant to keep a face from getting oily and this will only look cakey on your skin. I apply this with my Sigma Round Kabuki Brush ($18) and it looks airbrushed. I can wear it from 7:30am- bed with no touch ups. Give it a shot! You may love it just as much as I do!
2) Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lipstick in Stay Coral ($25). This has become my ‘one’ color. You know, the color you can wear with everything. Yesterday, I went to the grocery store in black sweats and a black baseball cap (All black? I’m always in all black! I’m a New Yorker, it’s our wardrobe). Last minute, I decided to put on my foundation (see #1), mascara and run out the door. I made a quick decision to put this lipstick on too and it worked! I usually will not wear lipstick in sweats as it feels overdone, but this was an exception. This is also the same color I wore out to dinner with my girlfriends last week. It’s versatile and I’m in love!
3) Benefit Girl Meets Pearl ($30). I use this as a highlighter on places like my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, inner corners of my eyes and cupids bow. Even with a full coverage, matte foundation, this gives my face a beautiful glow. It soaks right into the skin so there is no residue on top of your foundation. Love using powder on top of all your makeup? This still shows through! It is beautiful in person, but even more beautiful in pictures so I use it on my brides especially. I have tried many illuminating products, but the pink tint to Girl Meets Pearl really meshes well with my skin tone.
4) Smashbox Waterproof Shadow Liner in Metallic Bronze ($22). This is another one of my go-to products. I have blue eyes, so using a bronze on my lids really makes the blue pop (tip for blue eyed babes!) and this liner stays all day. I am a makeup artist, so to say I have a plethora of makeup is an understatement, but I have recently compiled my own kit that is just for me. This liner is in it in many colors! I apply it by drawing a super think line across my lashes and blending up until my whole lid is covered. I then apply mascara… that’s it! It has fantastic pigmentation and makes my eyes pop!
5) Bella Pierre Mineral Foundation ($65). So this powder comes with a hefty price tag, but I have found that it is one that gives me the coverage I need and doesn’t cause breakouts. I use a powder brush and apply this in a circular motion all over my face. I wear this alone on days I just don’t feel like wearing full makeup or on top of my full makeup if I am looking for a completely full coverage with a matte finish. Bella Pierre is a brand that carries so many fun colors and products, check them out!
6) Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum ($55). I am mom of two kids, so sleep is often optional. However, looking like I haven’t slept for a week is never optional. To keep my dark circles and bags at bay, I apply this morning and night. It comes with a dropper and the best way to apply it is: pull the dropper out of the bottle and squeeze its contents back into the bottle. Now, without squeezing the dropper, dip it back in and pull it out. The little drop that is on the tip is all you need for each eye. Seriously! This bottle has lasted me 5 months and isn’t even half gone. Well worth the money if you ask me because it lasts forever and it works!
I hope that you now have some input to get out there and try some of these products if you have been thinking of doing so or if you are just looking for new recommendations. If you try them, let us know how you feel about them!
Thank you for reading, Beauties.