I’ve made it to the 3rd week! Thank you so much for all your support and well wishes! This week I had to tackle beauty mistakes and how to fix them. I addressed finding the perfect foundation for your skin tone. It’s so important to have the proper foundation color to avoid the dreaded “makeup mask”!
To find out a fool proof way to pick the right foundation shade, check out my Allure submission:
While you’re there, hopefully you’ll vote and enter to win a Nook!
So I survived week 1! Thank you to everyone that voted!
For this week’s challenge, we were asked to re-create a celebrity look. I picked Zoe Saldana’s hair. What’s not to love about it? It’s incredibly glossy and is always softly waved to perfection. If it wasn’t for my blonderxia (my need to constantly highlight my hair) I would rock it exactly how she does it.
Not only did I go into how to create those boho waves, I also went over what really makes her hair stand out–the shine. It’s so healthy it can’t help but to outshine everyone in Tinseltown!
So, please take a second and scoot over to http://blogger-awards.allure.com/submission/24 and vote! You can vote once a day and the best part is that you are entered to win prizes each time you vote. This week it’s diamond earrings!
Thanks in advance!
Photo Credit: PRN / PR Photos
Well folks, I can officially announce that Allure magazine has chosen me as one of their 15 finalists in their first ever Beauty Blogger of the Year Award!
It’s an incredible honor to even be a finalist in this national competition. Blogging is definitely a labor of love for not only beauty products, but the beauty industry in general. I started blogging because I’ve always been the go-to gal amongst my friends and family about the latest beauty products and trends–not to mention I also love writing (I’m a publicist by trade). I won’t go on and on, but for more info about myself you can check out my ABL bio or my Allure bio.
Now for the contest deets!
Here’s what the winner will win:
– The blogger will be featured in an article in the October 2012 issue of Allure and be allowed to post the Allure Beauty Blogger of the Year seal on his/her site for a year.
– He/she will also have the chance to submit work to be considered for use in Allure and on allure.com.
– The winner is decided with a combination of voting by an Allure panel and public voting.
– The grand prize winner gets a trip to New York City to go backstage at a fashion show, attend the annual Allure Best of Beauty party (and receive a suitcase stuffed with winning products), and have a behind-the-scenes tour of Revlon headquarters.
What do you get for voting?
– Readers can vote once every weekday at allure.com/go/blogger-awards. And just for voting, they’re eligible for prizes! They will be entered to win a trip to Miami Beach, plus other great prizes every week.
I’ll be sure to post about new challenges and hopefully if you enjoy A Beauty Loft you’ll head over to http://blogger-awards.allure.com/ and vote!
As always, thank you for reading—contest or no contest!