Bravo TV’s hit series Real Housewives is my favorite reality TV indulgence. Fabulous clothes, cars, homes, and lifestyles (not to mention drama) have millions of women glued to the TV each season.
While they have the money for the best hair and makeup people, I was curious as to what beauty products or secrets they swear by. A little digging and I found the beauty routines of 6 of my favorite housewives.
Kyle Richards, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Known for her thick shiny tresses, Richards shares her beauty must haves in a Bravo blog:
“I use Pantene on my hair. They changed the formula recently throwing me for a loop, but I’ve always used their deep clarifying shampoo and heaviest conditioner. If they don’t come up with one as good as the one I used to use, I may have to make my own!
My favorite make-up:
Best foundation for evening: Make Up Forever High
Def foundation. For day, I use Laura Mercier tinted sunblock. The best!
Lip gloss: Mac color “Viva Glam 5″, Mac color “Enchantress”, Lipfusion Color “Sun”
Best mascara: Loreal Voluminous. LOVE.”
Gretchen Rossi, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Rossi is another housewife known for her beautiful hair. How does she gets those bouncy loose curls? Hot Rollers! She puts them in after blow drying to add great body.
Gretchen also has her own line of makeup called, Gretchen Christine Beaute
. She shares how to get replicate her go-to classic makeup look on her blog.
Cynthia Bailey, Real Housewives of Atlanta
The gorgeous model shares her 5 Fall Beauty must haves with NY PIX
• Kevin Aucoin Concealer
• Beauty Blender Sponge
• Dermha Moisturizing Creme
• Carol’s Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey
• Weleda Skin Food
Bethenny Frankel, Real Housewives
Frankel, a spokesperson for Drugstore.com, shared with Stylist.com
what’s in her beauty bag:
- body lotion — “I have lizard legs!” A Clinique retractable blush and brush combo — “I love closed items and things that are compact.” She always carries under eye concealer and her Juicy Couture Eau de Parfum Roll-On. “Rollerballs are the best. I’ve had this one for a year and it’s still not empty,” said Frankel.
- When it comes to indulgences? “I love baths! I still take them by myself, but also with Bryn. And I still do facials — you know, hardcore ones that excavate. They should play ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ while it’s happening. And I still love deep-tissue massages, because I find that my back is never straight.”
- Frankel only suds up her hair 2 or 3 times a week and gets inexpensive blowouts that last.
- She forgoes polish most of the time and gets clear mani and pedis because she hates chipping.
Stacie Turner, Real Housewives of DC
Turner recently sat down with Essence
magazine and revealed some of her beauty favorites:
Lips: Turner creates a fab bronze gloss with MAC lipgloss in Meltdown, and Laura Mercier Lipgloss in Bronze.
Skin: She never leaves home without blotting papers!
Hair: Her mane man is Bruce Johnson
at the Avatar Salon in Silver Spring, MD.
Wu told Sophisticate’s Black Hair Styles and Care Guide her hair secrets:
“My best hair tip… For long, healthy hair keep the heat off it. During filming, we used a lot of heat on my hair and I can tell the difference in my hair and the curl pattern. I’m giving it a rest now and letting it air-dry as much as possible instead or blow-drying and using a ceramic iron on it. I’ve been really paying attention to my hair.
My hair philosophy… My hair is naturally curly so it takes me a little bit to get the wave pattern out of my hair so I have to have someone else straighten it.
My must-haves… I fluctuate a lot with hair products between when I wear my hair sleek I use a lot of straightening agents so I won’t frizz up. When I wear my natural curls, I’ll use Herbal Essences Totally Twisted products.”