It is no secret that we adore the designer Pamella Roland so when I was asked to come backstage for her Fall 2013 NYFW Runway show, my response was “What time?”! We had a moment to hear Matin Maulawizada for Laura Mercier tell us about the look he created for Pamella’s Fall 2013 Show and where his inspiration came from. Matin, lead makeup artist for this season’s Pamella Roland show, was inspired by the designer’s collection, a visual narrative of the history of the Tzar and Russian Court. He developed a flawless makeup look that translated the simplicity of women’s beauty in tandem with the “opulence of St. Petersburg”.
Pamella always keeps her look so classy and simple, this goes for her hair and makeup too. Click on the image above to see the video.
To create the look:
Flawless Face- A fresh, “no makeup look” was key to balancing the collection’s bold accents
- First, Matin applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($32) to create the perfect canvas for makeup application.
- Then, depending on the model’s complexion, he used Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation ($50) or Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation ($43) to hydrate and protect the skin.
- Next, he used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($30) to perfect the skin, concealing any problem areas.
- He applied Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($35) to set and finish the look.
- To give the skin a healthy color, Matin brushed Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Color in Blaze ($24) and Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek COlor in Sweet Mandarin ($24) onto the cheekbones.
- Matin then contoured the apples of the cheeks with the Bronzer Veil from Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Healthy Glow for Face and Cheeks Crème Colour Palette ($48).
Enchanting Eyes- Matin used varying shades of gold to highlight the eyes
- Matin gently brushed Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Gilded Moonlight ($24) onto the eyelid.
- He then applied Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic ($38) to the eyelids, leaving them gleaming with a warm, natural sheen.
- To complete the eyes, he swept on a coat of Laura Mercier Gold Mascara (created exclusively for the Pamella Roland show), to dramatically lengthen and define the lashes.
- Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil ($20) was applied to define the models’ eyebrows as needed.
Lustrous Lips- Deep wine lips created a modern look that “tied all the colors together”
- Matin applied Laura MErcier Lip Silk ($22) to the models’ lips to create a smooth and nourished base.
- He contoured and shaded the lips using Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Coffee Bean ($20).
- Adding the final touch, he applied Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Deep Wine ($20) to achieve a bold, modern look.