If you haven’t found your perfect nude lipstick/gloss yet, get going because the trend isn’t going anywhere. At all. Anytime soon. As a matter of fact it’s a necessity to achieve this fall’s no-makeup-but-wearing-makeup look.
I tend to break the rules when it comes to picking out lipstick colors and just go with what works, but generally when looking for a nude lip color, I start with warm undertones and go from there. But for someone like myself with very yellow undertones and a deeper complexion, finding the right nude color that doesn’t make me look washed out can be difficult.
But not impossible.
I’ve rounded up my top 8 go to nude lipsticks/glosses that work well with a tan complexion (faux or natural).
- Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs in Truffle Tease – A great budget beauty pick! It’s a medium beige creamy lipstick with warm and peach undertones
- American Apparel Lip Gloss in Topless- I actually think this gloss might be discontinued, but it’s one of my favorites. It’s a warm peach beige that looks great on everyone. American Apparel if your listening, bring this one back!
- NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Natural – A pinky brown gloss that’s loaded with shine
- M.A.C Lipstick Freckletone- A cult favorite for a reason. It’s the perfect warm beige color, with a moist and supple finish
- Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis Levres Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes 101 Nude Provocateur – It’s your lips only better with a slight deep pink stain. It leaves lips moisturized, with a long lasting 3D shine
- NARS Lipstick Honolulu Honey- You know you found a great lipstick when your husband tells you, “I like that lipstick”. It’s a matte peachy nude color that looks especially great on olive skin
- NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee- A natural and pretty warm pink shade
- M.A.C. Lipstick Velvet Teddy – I think of it as Freckletone’s big sister. A “serious” deeper pink brown matte, but not dry, lipstick