Not all of us are blessed with flawless skin! If you’re like me, it seems like every product you try either does nothing to help your acne or makes it even worse. Well, there is hope out there! As a makeup artist, having clear skin is part of my job, so for the last year and a half I have made it my mission to test run dozens of products. Now, I’m here to report what I have found works!
1. DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask. Available at Sephora. Suggested Retail: $40. This stuff works like a vacuum and I swear I can feel it pulling the dirt from my pores! Apply it to a clean face, sit for 5-10 minutes, rinse off. It can be used 1-3 times per week and/or as a nightly spot treatment for blemishes.
2. Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads. Available at Sephora. Suggested Retail: $36. This product has been instrumental in transforming my skin to the smooth, even, and blemish-free complexion I now have! Nightly, after washing your face, wipe this pad all over face and effected areas.
3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash. Available at CVS. Suggested Retail: $6.29. This wash can be very drying if used too much, so I recommend using it only in the morning. In the evening, you will follow washing with topical treatments so I recommend a gentle wash like the Simple wash below.
4. Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel. Available at Target. Suggested Retail: $6.99. This wash is gentle, fragrance free, oil free, doesn’t clog pores and cleanses really well. This is perfect way to cleanse the skin for the evening and prepare it for topical treatments.
5. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid. Available at La Roche-Posay and at CVS. Suggested Retail: $29.95. The perfect sunscreen! It is fairly inexpensive, does not cause breakouts (which happens often with sunscreen) and finishes with a nice matte finish. (I cannot say enough about the importance of daily sun protection!)
I thought it might give you a daily routine to run with (and change as you feel necessary) if I included mine. AM: Wash with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash then apply La Roche-Posay sunscreen/moisturizer. PM: Wash with Simple facial wash then wipe a Peter Thomas Roth Complexion Correction pad all over my face, neck and chest. I also apply an eye cream. Finally, twice a week I apply the DDF mask.
My skin is the best it has ever been and I hope these products can help you to get there too!