Last weekend I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in my good friend’s wedding. It was a beautiful day—the weather was perfect, the bride was drop dead gorgeous, and the reception was full of dancing and laughter. All the hard work and months of planning came down to a perfectly executed celebration of love.
Since this was my 5th go round as a bridesmaid, I knew to come prepared for the unexpected. The roll of the bridesmaid is to not only look fabulous, but to make sure the day goes smoothly. Just so happens as part of the bride’s gift to her bridesmaids, she gifted us the cutest monogramed makeup bag. It was big enough to hold all of my essentials, which I gladly filled for the day of the wedding.
Below are my 12 must have items every bridesmaid should have. There are more items that you will most likely want to add, like perfume, lipgloss, etc. But every single one of these items has come in handy for either myself, another bridesmaid, mother of the bride or the bride herself! The majority of the items are under 5 bucks, so this makes a great gift idea for a bride looking to give her best gals (or guys) a little something extra on her big day.
from l. to r.:
Conair Bobby Pins
Elnett Hairspray Travel Size
Static Guard Spray
Forever 21 Striped Lint Roller
Vaseline Coca Butter Lotion
Shout Wipe and Go
Clear Eyes Maximum Redness Relief
Singer Classic Sewing Kith in Storage Case
Dr. Scholl’s for Her Fast Foldable Flats
Downy Wrinkle Release
NYX Blotting Papers
Tell us, are there any must have items for a bridesmaid to have on wedding day? Respond below!
Happy Friday! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend <3 Special shout out to IFB for featuring A Beauty Loft in this week’s roundup!!
Maybe it’s the return of 90′s minimalism, but these days it seems like the word on the street is all about getting back to the basics. Investing in the classics, returning to classically understated style and timeless beauty. Of course we all have to update this notion of “classic” to fit into our world today, which is why identifying what that means is a never-ending conversation. This week’s links will give you some inspiration to that “classic” look that’s just right for you.
Brought to you by: East Dane Wonderland, Form Watches, F+C Bags, & 3 Dots, Sarah Chloe, Men’s APC, Grenson, Zinke, Men’s 7FAM, NDC & Zac Posen Bags
As you might recall, I’ve been participating in Frizz Ease’s #downfor30 challenge and my days for the #downfor30 cause are now numbered. I confess, there were a few fleeting moments when the black elastic sitting on my desk got the best of me and my hair once again found itself in the all too familiar comfort of a ponytail.
But participating in the challenge forced me to not only embrace my natural (and ridiculously voluminous) ringlets, but to learn the best ways to style it, what products work, and how to maintain the look.
It’s a journey I encourage everyone to try and it’s not too late to take the Frizz Ease #downfor30 challenge. Simply snap a photo of you rocking your hair down, upload it to Instagram, and use the hashtags #downfor30 and #sweeps. Not only will you embark on a personal hair self discovery, but you’ll have a chance to win an awesome trip to NYC! For more details, go to www.neverpullback.com/down.
While I’ve been loving my curls, I wanted to do a smoother, straighter style, but still keep plenty of volume and body. I do a “Down Under Blowout” in just 3 steps:
- Start with freshly washed damp hair. Apply a light hair oil through out hair. I used Frizz Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir. It adds softness and moisture necessary for a smooth blow dry.
- Divide hair into smaller sections. Start with a small section and using a blowdryer with a nozzle on it and a round brush, blow dry the hair with the brush over the hair so that hair flips up. This gives you plenty of tension to easily straighten out even the kinkiest of curls.
- When section is basically dry, finish drying the hair using the brush underneath so that the hair curls under. This gives the hair a smooth finish. Repeat on all sections until done.
That’s it! Additional straight hair tips:
- Use a round brush with a mix of nylon and boar bristles
- Start with hair that’s not soaking wet to prevent drying out hair
- Sleep with hair in a high ponytail secured with a scrunch to preserve the style
- Use dry shampoo to extend the life of the blowout or try Frizz Ease’s 3 Day Straight Flat Iron Spray for a longer lasting straight style
Frizz-Ease believes that when you pull your hair back, you also pull yourself back. So we’re challenging women everywhere to take on the world hair-first and wear their hair #downfor30 days straight with the help their favorite Frizz-Ease products. Join the movement at NeverPullBack.com.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by KAO via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of KAO.
Last weekend I got the chance to stop by the Cherry Hill mall for Nordstrom’s Beauty Trend Event. The event is taking place at Nordstrom stores across the nation.
Dozens of beauty experts were on hand to provide one-one-one free consultations, makeovers and discuss the latest trends! Armed with my camera and my sister-in-law, Kristen, we experienced first hand the awesomeness of the Beauty Trend Event (seriously they even had cake pops and a DJ).
Kris is used to being my beauty guinea pig, so she plopped in a chair while Beauty Stylist Nicholas Mancini worked his magic giving her a bronzy night look just in time for the summer. We talked about all things beauty with Nicholas from the importance of a great skin care routine to the universal struggle of reversing the signs of aging and dreaded “man hands”.
Nicolas took care to emphasize Kristen’s features using a Smashbox BB Cream to even out her already perfect “young skin” and a deep purple eyeshadow trio to bring out her brown eyes.
My favorite products used? Le Volume de Chanel mascara in Prune, $30, a gorgeous plum shade and Sisley Phyto-Lip Twist in #4, a punch of pink in a glossy finish, $50.
In the end, Nicholas took an already naturally gorgeous Kristen and gave her a hot summer look for a night out. Kristen loved the look so much, she looked past the $50 price tag and went home with her own Phyto-Lip Twist!
Want to get the look? See below for product list:
- Smashbox Litmitless Liquid Liner Pen in Dark Brown, $22
- Sisley Phyto-Lip Twist, #4, $50
- Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Sepia, $28
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Medium, $19.50
- Smashbox Photo Finish 24 Hour Shadow Primer, $20
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel, 30 Prune, $30
- Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel, 62 Presage, $38.50 (limited edition)
- YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch, $41
- Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder, Medium, $40
- Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer, $40
Go to Nordstrom.com to find out when the Beauty Trend Event is coming to your area!