I’ve really fallen in love with NARS in the past year. I love the range of colors–especially for the olive, tan and darker skinned beauties. My daily makeup routine includes the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (in Annapurna). I’ve also converted one of my besties and sister to it.
So of course I had to try their new Radiant Creamy Concealer (in Custard). I’m happy to report I was not disappointed. It covers beautifully and really does illuminate the under eye area.
Hope everyone had a great weekend! I had a super busy weekend filled with family functions—this is the start of my “busy” season! Weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, graduations, birthday parties….it won’t slow down again till about September!
Even with my crazy schedule, I still take the time to try out new products. Here are a few of my recent favorites (l to r):
Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara: This mascara is on the pricey side ($28), but it’s worth the splurge. It does everything from volumize to lengthen in just one coat.
Eos Lip Balm: I’ve seen these out for awhile, but the egg shape was slightly intimidating. Curiosity got the best of me so I picked it up at my local Rite Aid for a couple of bucks. Love it. First I love that its all natural and 95% organic. And it’s super moisturizing.
J.R. Watkins Lemon Cream Hand Cream: My girlfriend at work had this and I found myself going into her office several times a day to steal a dab of this delicious hand cream. Incredibly moisturizing, this hand cream also smells amazing. Like lemon meringue pie. Dessert with out the calories.
Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a classic style for the design powerhouse Ralph Lauren’s Fall 2013 NYFW Show. For the decadent display “From Russia WIth Love” full of fur and velvet, Guido created sleek (but not totally perfect!) ponytails that worked with and without the hats in the collection.
Redken Products Used:
- satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion
- Guido applied Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair and created a smooth blow dry.
- He then raked fingers through to “rough up” slightly to give the look more of an “ease” before attaching in a low ponytail and wrapping a small section of hair around the elastic.
“This style is luxurious but it has a little ease and softness to it. The ponytail is only part of the look for the models, as 90% of the girls are in hats. It’s very true the Ralph Lauren idea of a woman, the American idea of a classic beauty.”
-Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Jeanie Syfu, the genius behind the hair of the Tracy Reese 2013 Fall New York Fashion Week Runway Show, gave us a moment of her time to talk about her approach for the styling for the show and where her inspiration came from. (Click on the image above to see our interview with Jeanie!)
Overall Look: A quintessential NY look, the hair combines side-swept texture with height at the crown.
Inspiration: A fearless New York girl walking home before dawn after a night out. The look has a modern style with retro roots.
- Lightly dampen hair and liberally apply TRESemmé Thermal Creations Volumizing Mousse throughout the roots and lengths of the hair for texture and volume.
- Flip head upside-down and rought dry with fingers (pulling at the root with fingers until the hair is 90% dry). Use a mason brush to continue drying upside-down by lifting at the roots and smoothing at the ends. TIP: Use your mason brush to lift the roots, but don’t smooth the roots- this will flatten the texture.
- Flip hair over when dry and create a “front sweep” by lightly brushing the hair from the front of the crown over to one side diagonally.
- Tease the crown of the head for lift. Finish with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.
- Apply TRESemmé Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo for texture and pull out pieces for a wispy/undone soft finish.
(image courtesy of Elle.com)
(image courtesy of bellasugar.com)