So I’m still #downfor30! I’ve had a couple of set backs (mainly lack of sleep=no time to do my hair), but I got right back on it and currently going strong. Stay tuned for a tutorial this week about how I tame my ringlets. The above photo was taken on a cloudy day and raining on and off while at a carnival, and I have to say, my curls held up pretty well.
The Voorhees Town Center Carnival is going on in Voorhees, NJ—great place to take the kiddies in the nice weather this week!
They had deep fried twinkles. I opted for the modest zeppoles (which they were out of), but somebody I know had the deep fried twinkie….
This same person also went on this ride with their step son and nearly threw up. Again. Not naming any names here.
Don’t mean to pop any one’s bubble……(or balloon…which he did)
Eyeing up his next thrill….
Said deep fried twinkie eater may or may not be in the above photo in a Puma sweatshirt. Again….not naming any names or fried food shaming here.
Last weekend I had the honor of co-hosting a bridal shower for one of my dearest friends. She loves Paris so we (the bridesmaids) decided to bring a little bit of Paris to Jersey for her bridal shower.
It’s all in the details…..
Instead of a traditional wishing well, we did a wine wishing well! Our blushing bride to be loves wine, so we suggested guests bring a bottle of wine with them to the shower to add to the custom made wine wishing well. Guests were able to say a few words of love towards the bride and groom and attach it to their bottle.
Since the Seine River is nowhere near Jersey, the padlock and key was replaced with a replica of the Eiffel Tower. Guests wrote a personal note to the bride on the tag and then tied it on to a 6 foot wire replica of the Eiffel Tower illuminated with lights.
While Diamond water is more Persian (Bravo Shah’s of Sunset reference) than Parisian, it had a certain je ne said quoi! Notice the yummy dark chocolate Eiffel Tower favors!
À la mode…..
The bridesmaids wore all black and were adorned with 40s type accessories including head bands. Curly, straight, or pulled back, it was a really cute accent for the event
Nail art was in full effect….the bride opting for the ♥
The stunning bride to be…the smile says it all. Mission accomplished!
Today is the day I am temporarily retiring the black hair band that I keep on stand by securely on my wrist. The bobby pins that my husband affectionately refers to as “floor ornaments” will remain at home, tucked away in my hair accessory drawer, instead of my back pocket. I will officially be bunless and ponytail free for the next 30 days as I embark on Frizz Ease’s #downfor30 challenge.
The idea behind #downfor30 is to have great hair days every day—to learn how to love and style your hair with the right products so that you don’t have cower behind the safety of a bun or ponytail. My curls are no stranger to the messy-but-not cool-messy-I-give-up- bun. Taking the #downfor30 challenge will force me to learn how to style my curls the right way.
Want to get in on #downfor30? Frizz Ease is providing extra incentive with a ridiculously awesome trip to NYC, which includes:
- Round trip airfare for two (2) to NYC
- Four (4) nights at the W Hotel Times Square
- Breathtaking helicopter tour of Lady Liberty, whose newly-liberated locks are featured in our video: A Girl’s Got to Be Free
- Ground transportation via private sedan
- Dinner at Stella 34 Trattoria with views of the Empire State Building
- Brunch cruise for two (2) around Manhattan
- Garment District Diva Trek for two (2)
- Makeover at the John Frieda Salon
- $750 cash to fund all your fun
- A year of Frizz Ease® products so you can keep putting your fiercest hair forward
Entering the contest is easy:
Arm yourself with the frizz-busting, strand-smoothing power of your favorite Frizz Ease® products, and wear your hair #downfor30 days (or as many as you can). Show us all your fierce styles on Instagram with #downfor30 for the chance to WIN AN EPIC NYC ADVENTURE. Each new post with #downfor30 (up to one post per day) earns you another chance to win.
Wish me luck for the next 30 days! I’ll be posting an updates along the way. So far, so good for Day 1 in the photo above– styled with Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse and touched up with Secret Weapon Touch-up Crème.
You can find out more about our Never Pull Back philosophy at www.neverpullback.com.
Frizz-Ease believes that when you pull your hair back, you also pull yourself back. So we’re challenging women everywhere to take on the world hair-first and wear their hair #downfor30 days straight with the help their favorite Frizz-Ease products. Join the movement at NeverPullBack.com.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by KAO via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of KAO.
So this is the giveaway I’ve been hinting about since last week. I’m really excited about this giveaway because the Kerastase Elixir Ultime Hair Oil is one of my top 5 hair products…ever! Only a few drops are needed to add shine and softness to your hair. It’s great to use before a blow dry for silky smooth strands and used on curly hair it takes away frizz.I have yet to try the other products in the line, but today I’m giving 10 lucky readers a chance to try the line, before me!
For this giveaway, the 10 winners will win the Elixir Ultime Collection, each valued at $205. You’ll receive:
Cleanse: Bain Elixir Ultime
- Silicone and paraben-free
- Gently cleanses while nourishing and purifying hair
- Strengthens hair, leaving it soft and shiny
Treat: Masque Elixir Ultime
- Revives the natural strength of hair
- Provides nourishment deep into the hair fiber
- Gives hair ultimate shine
- Leaves hair feeling weightless
- Penetrates to the deepest of the hair fiber
Prime: Elixir Ultime
- Multi-use oil that can be used pre and post styling
- Delivers ultimate shine, deep conditioning and nourishment
- Add softness, strength, and smoothness
- Promotes cellular renewal with its anti-oxidant active ingredients
- Helps restore strength to the hair and protects it from external aggressors
- A blend of four precious scented oils that works for all hair types
And the new Elixir Ultime Creme Fine
- Hydration and repair
- Natural Shine and UV Protection
- Instant absorption, easy application, maximum coverage
- Can be applied through out the day
Entering is easy! Either take our hair poll, like A Beauty Loft or Kerastase USA on Facebook. Use entry form below. Contest ends4/23/2014. Please let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway