What better way to start up the blog again after a brief sick leave but with a giveaway?! Kérastase will be gifting 3 lucky readers with the entire at-home regimen of their new Discipline line!
Discipline is a new secret weapon to tame frizzy hair for 72 hours and make blow drying 33% faster and easier. With 8 years of research to perfect the formula, Discipline is the ideal regimen for women that want anti-frizz protection and more manageable hair. The at-home collection includes Bain Fluidealiste (for normal hair), Bain Fluidealiste Sulfate-Free (for chemically-treated hair), Fondant Fluidealiste, Maskeratine and Discipline’s star product Spray Fluidissime, a lightweight serum that instantly eases blow-drying.
Entering is simple. Use the form below for 3 chances to win buy liking Kérastase and A Beauty Loft on Facebook and answering the question. Contest ends October 22, 2014. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
There’s nothing like turning 30 to send a woman into mild to extreme hysteria. Without warning, cashiers are now calling you “ma’am” (seriously, how rude?) and songs of your prime, are now only played on the radio’s Old Skool At Noon set.
You now also want to try erase some of the skin sins you committed in your 20s…whether it was filled with smokey nights of binge drinking with little sleep or summer days basking in baby oil at the beach, the fine lines around your eyes don’t get any better from here!
Thanks to some voluntary (and involuntary) lifestyle changes, I can happily say my skin is even better now than it was in my 20s. Acne scars have faded, my breakouts are rare, and it generally looks healthier.
After reading the advice of dermatologists and skin care experts, the following list are some of my favorite anti-aging products—that can all be found at the drugstore:
- Olay Pro X Advanced Cleansing System: I’ve tried both this cleansing brush and the more expensive Clarisonic and while there are differences, this is a great choice that’s easy on the wallet. It gets skin cleaner than just washing alone–thus preventing breakouts and making way for your products to work better.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 35: I know you’ve heard it 1,000x before, but daily sunscreen is the most effective measure in preventing the signs of aging, and more importantly protecting against skin cancer. This is a great daily moisturizer that is light weight and goes on smoothly under makeup.
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser: This cleanser has a cult following for a reason. It cleanses without irritating and drying out the skin.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub: Exfoliating is an important skin care step that people forget. Removing the dead skin cells makes way for new skin cells and softer, brighter skin.
- RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream: Retinol is the Holy Grail of anti-aging. As *we* (yes, you are included since you’re over 30 now) get older, our skin’s ability to renew itself slows down–thus causing wrinkles and sagging skin. This night formula is great because it’s not as harsh on the skin as prescription strength Retinol and fine lines are diminished over time with continued use.
Since yesterday was the unofficial last day of summer, I’m drowning my sorrows in fall makeup trends. First up is the matte lip. It’s a fresh look for the upcoming season when done right. For this look:
- Prepped my lips with a sugar scrub from MUA Sugar Lip Scrub (available at CVS, $5.00)
- I used a matte lipstick from LORAC PRO Matte Lip Color line in Rose Brown (available online for $16.00). It’s a great formula that keeps a matte look, but not drying, which we all know can age a girl! The shape of the pencil like lipstick makes it easy to line and fill for on the go touchups.
- Done! That’s it for an easy fall makeup look
Nude lip of the day is M.A.C. Freckletone with a touch of pink gloss on top
If you haven’t found your perfect nude lipstick/gloss yet, get going because the trend isn’t going anywhere. At all. Anytime soon. As a matter of fact it’s a necessity to achieve this fall’s no-makeup-but-wearing-makeup look.
I tend to break the rules when it comes to picking out lipstick colors and just go with what works, but generally when looking for a nude lip color, I start with warm undertones and go from there. But for someone like myself with very yellow undertones and a deeper complexion, finding the right nude color that doesn’t make me look washed out can be difficult.
But not impossible.
I’ve rounded up my top 8 go to nude lipsticks/glosses that work well with a tan complexion (faux or natural).
- Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs in Truffle Tease – A great budget beauty pick! It’s a medium beige creamy lipstick with warm and peach undertones
- American Apparel Lip Gloss in Topless- I actually think this gloss might be discontinued, but it’s one of my favorites. It’s a warm peach beige that looks great on everyone. American Apparel if your listening, bring this one back!
- NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Natural – A pinky brown gloss that’s loaded with shine
- M.A.C Lipstick Freckletone- A cult favorite for a reason. It’s the perfect warm beige color, with a moist and supple finish
- Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis Levres Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes 101 Nude Provocateur – It’s your lips only better with a slight deep pink stain. It leaves lips moisturized, with a long lasting 3D shine
- NARS Lipstick Honolulu Honey- You know you found a great lipstick when your husband tells you, “I like that lipstick”. It’s a matte peachy nude color that looks especially great on olive skin
- NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee- A natural and pretty warm pink shade
- M.A.C. Lipstick Velvet Teddy – I think of it as Freckletone’s big sister. A “serious” deeper pink brown matte, but not dry, lipstick